If you are already a contributor or you are thinking about applying to collaborate with us, please read the following information before sending your first resources.
We hope it helps!
- What should be the subject of my content?
There is no specific subject or topic to follow, you are free to create whatever you think would be useful to our users. However, we suggest that you have a look at our website and take into consideration the kind of resources that are being published.
- How many files would I need to submit to become a contributor?
If you are a new contributor, you must upload 20 resources exactly to be able to submit the images for revision. If you upload 19, the system will not allow you to click the button. The same happens if you have more than 20 resources on the dashboard, even if you upload 30 and then select 20, the button will still be inactive.
- How do I send my content for review?
If you decide to become a "Contributor", please register, read and accept our terms and conditions (contract), provide us with all the details required and start uploading your resources.
Your first upload will be reviewed by our team and if the aesthetic and quality standards are met, you will be able to start your collaboration with us. We suggest that, for this first test, you choose you 20 more relevant resources and focus on the kind of images you are best at. Adding a link to your online portfolio in the profile section of your contributor panel can help you to pass the test.
- What happens if my first 20 resources are rejected?
If your first 20 images do not meet our aesthetic and quality standards, and we do not accept you as a contributor, your request will be rejected and your account will be blocked, so you will not be able to send more images. Therefore it is very important to ensure that you sent your most relevant resources for this first test, to show us the quality and technique you are best at, increasing the chances to be selected as a contributor.
- How much money will I get for my resources?
The contributor model is based in the earnings accumulated from the number of downloads of your resources published at Freepik. Please note that all the images uploaded by our contributors will be marked as premium content.
There is not a fixed price for the download of an image. This is how your earnings from downloads will be calculated:
At the end of each day, we will calculate the total amount of subscription fees and the "per diem" subscription amount. Then we will calculate the total number of downloads. The total daily subscription average will be divided by the number of downloads to calculate the "per file" price for that day. That number will be multiplied by 0.5 to calculate the 50% rate.
- Which payments methods are accepted?
At Freepik we accept Paypal and Payoneer as valid payment methods for our contributors. We inform you that each method requires a minimum amount of earnings that must be reached for the invoices to be generated.
- Paypal: 100 USD/EUR minimum required
- Payoneer: 50 USD/EUR minimum required
Please note that no other payment methods are available at this moment.
7) How would I get paid and how often?
Payments always correspond to the downloads registered until two months earlier. So for instance, in March we pay the earnings accumulated for the downloads until the end of January, in May we pay the earnings accumulated for the downloads until the end of March, etc.
You must keep in mind that invoices will be generated 2 months after you reached the minimum amount required (50 USD/EUR if you have Payoneer as payment method, 100 USD/EUR if you have Paypal).
- Invoice generation: each month on the 4th
- Invoice validation: each month between the 4th and the 9th
- Invoice payment: each month between the 10th and the 15th
8) Who can download my images?
Since all the images published by our contributors will be marked as Premium, only Premium users will be able to download your images.
9) Are my resources protected against plagiarism?
In any case, if you feel that a fraudulent use of your work has been made by any of our contributors, please let us know contacting us.
10) Is there a time period in which to send my files?
From the moment you create your contributor account you have 50 days to upload your first 20 resources. If you do not send anything in this period, your account will be temporarily deactivated. However, you will be able to reactivate it message you will see when trying to access your account, as indicated in the screenshot below:
Once your first images are published, there is no deadline to send your files by. Bear in mind that the sooner you send your files, the sooner your content will be uploaded and you can start earning money.
11) What kind of files can I upload to Freepik?
These are the files that you can upload to your Contributor panel:
- Vectors: To send this kind of files, you must upload the preview image in .jpg and the editable in .eps. Both files need to have the same name.
- Photographies: Send us the image in .jpg
- PSD files: You must upload the preview image in .jpg and the editable in .psd. Both files need to have the same name.
The main requirement is that the images and designs that you upload to Freepik must be 100% original and created by yourself. If you look for inspiration on our site, you need to be careful and ensure that your design is genuine. It is not allowed to use images from a different designer as main or secondary element of the resources you upload to Freepik.
Please note that part of our Team works to avoid this kind of situations, which can be penalized with the cancellation of the contributor account.
12) How long do I have to wait until my files are reviewed?
We receive daily a very high volume of images from our contributors, so the revision of your resources can take up to 20 working days). Usually, we will attend the content at the earliest convenience, but in some occasions this revision may take longer, depending on the number of resources we have pending.
Further to the above, we suggest that, when sending stational content (such us festivities like Christmas, Valentines, etc.) you take into consideration the estimated revision time to make sure your content arrives on time and it is published soon enough to optimize the rentability.
13) What type of styles tend to work at Freepik?
We always advise our designers to submit content that is useful for our users. The idea is to submit content that can be used for various projects our users might be working on. This will ensure a higher number of downloads and therefore a larger income.
You can have a look to our site and see the styles and subjects that work best, like backgrounds, current festivities, wedding invitations, posters, banners, abstract, etc.
14) Can I send content based on festivities such as Christmas, Valentine’s day, Father’s day?
Yes, this is actually a great thing to keep in mind. Images of festivities and celebrations will increase the options to get a higher number of downloads. However, please ensure these kind of content is uploaded long before the festivity, at least one month before, to guaranty that our team has time to review it and publish it as the date draws closer. We even suggest that you send us this kind of files 2 months earlier, since this will increase the guaranty of having the resources published on time and get a better position against other images from your competitors in the same subject.
15) Why have my files been rejected?
Due to the high number of resources we receive every day, it is difficult to provide a detailed feedback for each particular case. Therefore, we have created a list of common reasons for file rejection.
- The quality of the files doesn’t meet the standard required on our site.
- Repeated or very similar files with slight differences between each other (color change, different size…).
- The files don’t follow the agreed specifications (dimension, titles, tags…).
- A copyright infringement has been detected and your portfolio might be removed.
- If you sent files for validation and these were rejected, please don’t send them again. If these weren’t selected the first time around, it means that we are not interested in them.
- Files for festivities and celebrations should be sent at least one month before the date in question and never later. Otherwise, they will be rejected. However, you can send the files again, when the date comes around the next time.